Declines can happen for a variety of reasons. When Stripe submits a charge to your customer’s bank, they have automated systems that determine whether or not to accept the charge. These systems take various signals into account, such as your customer’s spending habits, account balance, and card information like the expiration date and CVC. If all of the card information seems correct, it is best to have your customer contact his or her bank, inquire for more information, and ask for future charges to be accepted.
Articles in this section
- How do I remove a subscription plan from my community or a group?
- How do I remove a card from my account?
- I subscribed to a plan. When will I be charged?
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- How do I edit a subscription plan?
- Are charges refundable?
- How can I issue a refund to my customer?
- Can I cancel a refund?
- Someone has purchased my listing; what do I do next?
- Someone has purchased my listing. How do I get paid?